Friday 8 February 2013

HAUL || Topshop / The Body Shop / New Look

As you all probably know, I visited London last weekend for a shopping trip to Westfield. Now, I was planning to do a haul post on the Sunday, but my camera had ran out of battery and then I didn't know where the charger was and the camera took a while to charge, so nearly a week later... here we are!

So I may not have bought a lot, but the things that I did buy cost quite a lot of money.

Let's start with Topshop.

I got two nail varnishes, one called Peaches and Cream and the other One Hot Minute. I've wanted a deep red for a while now and when I saw One Hot Minute, it was on them moments when you don't care how much it is, you just want it and whilst looking at the range I saw Peaches and Cream and instantly fell in love and couldn't decide which one to get... so I got both, living the high life! The nail varnishes were £5 each.

One Hot Minute on the left and Peaches and Cream on the right

The last thing I bought from Topshop was a lipstick, now first of all I was looking for whimsical, but once I saw it, I just didn't want it, so I had a good look at all of the other colours and decided on Sartorial. Sartorial is a bright coral colour. I have wore it a few times, but used my finger to wipe the lipstick in, to get a paler coral colour so it is more suitable for daytime wear. It is priced at £8.



Now for the body shop, when I was at the counter paying for these, I think the woman behind the till could tell that I wasn't from London and was trying to get me to donate money to charity and sign up for something to do with the store and I was just stood there trying to get her to take the money off me, so I could leave, anyway...

The first thing I bought was a Born Lippy - stick lip balm in Pomegranate. This is by far the product that I have been looking for, for a while! Since I have a problem with getting chapped lips, I'm always on the look out for a good lip balm and when I saw the born lippy range, I knew I had to buy one. I was going to get the Pink Berry one, but I decided to be a bit daring and go for the Pomegranate. The lip balm goes on easily and leaves a tint of color to the lips, another positive to the product is that it smells amazing, when I showed it to my mum she thought it was a sweet because of the smell! But the best and most important positive is that I have noticed a huge difference in my lips and it has only been a week. I bought it for £3.



My last purchase from the body shop was a body mist in the scent Japanese Cherry Blossom it costs £7.50 and is my new favourite smell in the world! There are only two negatives to this product: the first is that it doesn't last very long and the other is that it is in a glass bottle so it isn't good as a 'bottom of the bag perfume'. It is a fruity and floral fragrance, but is also very light and refreshing.



My last purchase is from New Look, I bought a white lace top that has flower detailing down the front with an opaque white back with silver buttons going down.It cost £12.99 which I thought was a really good price considering similar tops can cost over £20. The top however is see very slightly see through, but it would only be noticeable if you were wearing anything brightly coloured underneath it.





2 comments:

  1. Love, love the Topshop make up packaging, aways sucks me in. Great post!

    http://www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging, it's so different, but so cute! Thank you :)

      Delete